Monday, January 18, 2010

Hmmm. Maybe I am more like my students than I thought.

I have had this blog set up for a couple of weeks. I have known I needed to post a post, and I have actually been excited about it because I like to write. However, it is Monday night and the due date for the post is Tuesday morning at 8:00 a.m. Could it be that some of the kids' habits of waiting till the last minute are rubbing off on me?

Considering this possibility, I started to think about reasons my students and I procrastinate. Here are a few good excuses I found for not completing homework on time:
  • I was at a rally last night demanding better pay and conditions for our hardworking teachers 
  • I left my brain in my locker last night. 
  • It's against my religion to do homework on a day ending in a "y"
  • I was being followed on the way to school by spies so I had to eat it to avoid it falling into enemy hands
  • I got carried away with my origami class and my home work is currently floating around in our pond as paper Canadian geese
  • My dog ate it, then my science project ate my dog.
  • I'm motivationally challenged.
  • Oh, you meant this week !
  • I forgot to remember
  • It was too complex for the ideas of the school.  
  • There has been a shortage of food in my house, and paper contains necessary dietary fibres.
  • I feel I should rewrite it as there may be some difficulty in comprehending it.
  • It has progressed on my list of priorities.
  • I am an atheist and a pessimist. I don't believe in anything.
I have actually heard versions of these, but most of my students are so honest that they usually just say they forgot it or weren't able to complete it. I appreciate honesty, so I'll reveal the real reason why I have waited so long to post this first post:

I had it all written out but then some aliens took it back to Betelgeuse as an example of fine Earth literature.


  

 


 

 

1 comment: