Monday, July 4, 2011

Overwhelmed--but the good kind of overwhelmed

Three days ago I finished my fourth AP Summer Institute and I have spent all free moments of the past days reading, planning, plotting, and revamping my course syllabus. I have an incredible amount of resource material that I am enjoying going through. My husband went fishing and playing golf on this holiday weekend--hobbies he loves. And rather than shopping or knitting or playing tennis, I love to read and plan. The challenge of attempting to ensure ALL students will learn everything they need to know about reading and writing and speaking and listening is one I love to take on. I want all of my students to love to read as I do and to embrace the challenge of analyzing texts with confidence. Not much to ask, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment