Thursday, April 15, 2010

"This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my whole life!"

The title of this blog entry is a quote delivered by one of my students today when asked to create AP style multiple-choice questions for a text. It was music to my ears because I knew both how seriously she was taking the assignment and how much she understood her goal. It IS one of the most difficult activities they complete, but it provides insight into the test creation process and teaches them how to anticipate what questions may be asked as they read texts.

With the AP test right around the corner, I know how lucky I am to have kids who take their academic success seriously. And whether their motivation to learn critical reading is an A in the class or a 5 on the AP exam is not as important to me than the fact that they ARE learning to read critically. Days like today make me LOVE my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment